Thursday, July 15, 2010

Getting Fit

The other night my fiancee in a different phrasing told me I'm getting a little thick for her taste. Well at least that's what I got out of the conversation. She says I don't love you any less for the way you look, aka if you were in better shape I would be happier. From this I told her that I will lose weight, I will work out, and I will try to turn a keg into a 6-pack. That last part probably won't happen but it's worth a shot.

Yesterday I went to the gym for the first time in what seems like a year or two. I ran which then turned into a walk because I got tired. I then did some crunches on the one machine and worked out my biceps and triceps. Total time was around an hour and in this hour I learned so much.

  1. People still judge in a judgement free zone, I am guilty just as much as the people looking at me when I appeared to jump in a pool of sweat.
  2. Anyone who doesn't wipe a machine down after use even if they aren't sweating should be given the death penalty. That's just nasty and rude.
  3. There's always a creep that just walks around and sits down at machines and does nothing but watch people... creeping
  4. If you do sit ups where you lift your entire body off the ground at Planet Fitness, your just showing off... Side note I know this sounds impossible but it did happen and I did watch the guy show off.
  5. Daytime Soaps are the cheesiest shows on television.
After my lessons I cleaned myself up and decided to make a commitment to working out and lose 25 pounds over the next few months. I will be trying to do something each day to help me achieve my goal. Yesterday was the gym tonight I return to the crime scene to play basketball where my cell phone was stolen. No worries I won't be making the mistake again of having my phone on the table by the court.

I will be posting my weight loss progress the next few weeks and if anyone wants to join me and try to lose some extra baggage in the mid section let me know, maybe we can work out together.

No comments:

Post a Comment